Honda Marine BF15DK3SHC S-Type, 15 in. Shaft
Honda Marine BF15DK3SHC S-Type, 15 in. Shaft. Two Cylinder, 15″ Short shaft, Manual Start, Tiller Steering. With a compact size just slightly larger than the BF9.9–but with more power–the BF15DK3SHC S-Type, with a 15 in.
- Honda Four-Stroke Engine Design: The BF15DK3SHC S-Type utilizes a 350 cc, 2-cylinder, in-line, OHC design powerhead. World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and quiet operation with no gas-oil mixing.
- Pendulum-Motion Vibration Dampening: An exclusive Honda feature, the pendulum-motion mounting system for the powerhead helps absorb the vibration, including longitudinal vibration, which was difficult to reduce successfully by conventional rubber mounts. The pendulum mount does this without the use of a heavy balancer shaft, which also significantly reduces overall weight.
- Increased Reverse Thrust: When reversing, the exhaust gases are diverted through additional exhaust relief ports above the cavitation plate, allowing the propeller to back up into clean, bubble-free water, thereby increasing reverse thrust.
- PGM-IG Ignition: PGM-IG ignition provides reliable starts and optimum ignition timing, enhancing running performance across the entire speed range.
- Complete Engine-Management System: Electronically controlled monitoring system protects the engine components from over-revving, low engine-oil pressure and overheating.
- Regulated Charging System: A high-quality regulator/rectifier is standard on all models to prevent overcharging the battery.
- Fresh Water Flushport: Allows easy hook-up to fresh water supply to flush debris and salt water out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard (optional Flush Kit required).
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
- Three-Year Warranty: The best outboards are backed by the best warranty, 3 years parts and labour.
- Lightweight, Rounded Design: Easy to transport, at only 46.5 kg / 103 lbs., and ideal for 12-16 ft. fishing boats, inflatables and pontoon boats especially. Also, Rounded ergonomics won’t catch fishing lines as easily.
- Charging System: Fitted with a high-output charging system that will deliver an amazing 6 amps at only 3,000 rpm to keep your electronics working and batteries charged.
- Easy-Pull Starting: The programmed-ignition system sets the ignition system during start-up to reduce the effort required to pull start the engine.
- Forward-Mounted Shift Lever: Allows more control and comfort in shifting.
- Quick-Twist Throttle Friction Adjuster: A simple twist of the throttle friction collar located right at the throttle grip allows you to adjust the throttle tension up or down, minimizing driver fatigue.
- Front-Mounted Steering-Friction Adjuster: A new quick-adjust lever design located just above the transom bracket allows for precise adjustments at your fingertips.
- Integrated Carrying Handle: A convenient, foldaway carry handle is situated at the exact horizontal balance point of the engine so that the engine carries more easily in a level position.
- Long Tiller Handle: The BF15DK3SHC S-Type tiller models use a long tiller handle for increased control and reduced steering effort. The tiller handle is also made of lightweight composite for increased strength and weight reduction.
- Standard Fuel Tank, Hose and Propeller: A 12-litre fuel tank, fuel hose and aluminum propeller are included as standard equipment.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC; 2 Cylinders / 4 Valves
- Displacement: 21.4 cubic in. (350 cc)
- Bore & Stroke: 2.32 x 2.52 in. (59 mm x 64 mm)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 4,500-5,500 RPM
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 15 HP @ 5,000 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 1 Carburetor
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: PGM-IG
- Starting System: Recoil
- Exhaust: Under Water, above propeller
- Lubrication: Forced Lubrication (Trochoid pump)
- Recommended Oil: SAE 10W30 API service classification SJ or later
- Oil Capacity: 1.30 L (1.14 Imp. qt) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: 4-Stage 8 deg.-12 deg.-16 deg.-20 deg.
- Tilt Range: 71 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: 6 amp / 76 watts
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Overall Width: 13.7 in. (350 mm)
- Transom Height: 17 in. (432 mm)
- Propeller Type: 4-Blade (Aluminum)
- Propeller Diameter x Pitch: 9-1/4 x 10 in. (235 mm x 254 mm)
- S-Type: 103 lbs. (46.5 kg)
- Standard Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use.
- Honda Plus Extended Warranty: Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further.
Honda Marine BF15DK3SHC S-Type, 15 in. Shaft
Two Cylinder, 15″ Short shaft, Manual Start, Tiller Steering.
With a compact size just slightly larger than the BF9.9–but with more power–the BF15DK3SHC S-Type, with a 15 in. shaft is perfect for aluminum fishing boats, inflatables, sailboats or as a kicker for larger fishing boats. It has one of the largest displacements in its class, giving you big performance, and the added reliability of 4-Front Corrosion Protection and Engine Alert System.